Ruin Misc. inside Misc. public facility Misc. religious Historic building Misc. culture Street (General) Vehicle (land / air) Field

PROMOTION! Apollonia Archaeological Park

9309, Albania
1 Floors10000 qm Property1 qm Living space
Description:

Apollonia (Albanian: Apolonia; Greek: Ἀπολλωνία κατ᾿ Ἐπίδαμνον or Ἀπολλωνία πρὸς Ἐπίδαμνον, Apollonia kat' Epidamnon or Apollonia pros Epidamnon) was an ancient Greek city[1] located on the right bank of the Aous river (modern-day Vjosë). Its ruins are situated in the Fier County, next to the village of Pojani (Polina), in modern-day Albania. Apollonia was founded in 588 BC by Greek colonists from Corfu and Corinth[2] on a site where native Illyrian tribes[3] lived, and was perhaps the most important of the several classical towns known as Apollonia. Apollonia flourished in the Roman period and was home to a renowned school of philosophy, but began to decline in the 3rd century AD when its harbor started silting up as a result of an earthquake. It was abandoned by the end of Late Antiquity.

Facades: Clinker brick, Natural stone, Exposed concrete
Epoch: Middle Ages (until 1520)
Construction year: 900
Build status: Old building
Ceiling height: Very high (> 3,50m)
Availability: Short-term (1-2 days lead time)
Smoking allowed?: Yes
Please contact Balkan Film
Dates
Request location

This website uses cookies

We use necessary cookies so you can use the website and its features. Find more on our use of cookies in the data privacy.